Fennel sausage stuffed bell peppersFrom maddj 7 years ago
- 4 medium red bell peppers shopping list
- 1lb of Italian fennel sausage shopping list
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice shopping list
- 1 700ml jar of basil and tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 onion, grated shopping list
- 1/4 tbsp of dried parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Take sausage out of casing and fry in a frying pan until cooked through (on medium high), set aside.
- Wash and cut peppers lengthwise (remove seeds and ribs).
- In a medium size bowl mix together sausage, rice, onion,garlic and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Stuff each pepper half with the sausage and rice mix.
- Place them tightly together in the dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the peppers
- And sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley on top of the peppers.
- Spray foil with cooking spray (so cheese doesn't stick), and cover dish.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is golden
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then serve (2 peppers per person)
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmaddj Fonthill, CA
The Rating4 people
Yes. Fast and easy version with the right stuff for that comfort food fix.borinda in SoCal loved it
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Nice dish!!pleclare in Framingham loved it