Banana Cream Pie With Chocolate Chip CrustFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate chip cookie dough shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2-1/3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark rum shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 medium bananas peeled and cut into 1/2" thick slices shopping list
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Spray pie dish with nonstick spray then arrange 3/4 of cookie dough in pie dish.
- Press evenly onto bottom and up sides building a ridge over top of dish.
- Sprinkle pecans pressing them into the dough then prick dough all over with a fork.
- Freeze dough for 1 hour then position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat oven to 350.
- Remove cookie crust from freezer then spray large piece of foil with cooking spray.
- Cover pie crust with foil sprayed side down then fill with dry beans and bake crust 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove beans and foil then allow to cool completely.
- In large saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Whisk in egg yolks and gradually add milk continuing to mix until smooth.
- Whisk over medium high heat until custard thickens about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter, rum and vanilla then cool to lukewarm.
- Spread 1 cup of the custard into the crust then top with bananas.
- Cover bananas with remaining custard then chill pie for 2 hours.
- Beat whipped cream and spread over pie and chill again for 4-8 hours.