Strawberry Blueberries TartsFrom ponikuta 6 years ago
- 1 package of (Pepperidge Farm puff pastry) or any other type. (6 shells) shopping list
- 6 fresh or frozen strawberries shopping list
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- vanilla CREAM FILLING: shopping list
- 6 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 beaten egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw pastry according to the box's instruction.
- In a pan, combine sugar, starch, and gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the filling becomes very thick and begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour egg yolks into pan and stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir mixture over low heat. Add in butter and vanilla extract.
- Transfer filling to bowl and set aside.
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions.
- After baking, lift shells in the middle and spoon about 2 tablesppon of vanilla cream filling into each pastry shell.
- Top with strawberry and blueberries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
- TIPS: You can put pastry in a cupcake pan and brush with butter before baking. Substitute other fruits if you dislike berries. Try peaches or kiwis.