Chicken And Double Jasmine RiceFrom azsunflower 6 years ago
- 1 teabag Jasmine Tea shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 TBSP. butter shopping list
- 8 chicken thighs shopping list
- 1/2 c. onion shopping list
- chopped cilantro to taste shopping list
- 3/4 c. jasmine rice ( make sure to rinse rice) shopping list
- Optional : peas or julienne carrots shopping list
How to make it
- Put chicken broth in medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Once boiling remove pan from heat and add teabag.
- Let steep for about 1min. Longer is you want a stronger jasmine taste. You can also add one cube bouillion.
- Heat large frying pan over high heat.
- Add butter to melt.
- Add chicken in single layer. Cook for 3-4 min on each side or until chicken is well browned.
- Remove chicken from pan. Keep drippings
- In the same pan over medium heat add onion and cilantro and saute for 30 sec.
- Add rice & tea mixture.
- Arrange chicken in single layer on top.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 min or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand coverd for 10 min.