Catalan Mixed Seafood Grill with Romesco SauceFrom mystic_river1 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For the romesco sauce: shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, about 1 1/2 lb. total, cored shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 slices whole grain bread, crusts removed shopping list
- 2 dried ají amarillos, soaked in warm water, shopping list
- stemmed, seeded and deveined shopping list
- 6 dried Hungarian cherry chilies, soaked in shopping list
- warm water, stemmed, seeded and deveined shopping list
- 1 small dried red chili shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded, deveined and shopping list
- thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, lightly toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts, lightly toasted shopping list
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika shopping list
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more as needed shopping list
- For the mixed seafood: shopping list
- 8 oz. small squid, cleaned shopping list
- 8 oz. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 monkfish fillet, about 8 oz., cut into 1-inch shopping list
- cubes (or another white fish fillet) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 18 Manila or other small clams, scrubbed and shopping list
- any that do not close when touched discarded shopping list
- 18 mussels, scrubbed and any that do not close shopping list
- when touched discarded. shopping list
How to make it
- To make the romesco sauce, preheat an oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise and gently squeeze out the seeds. Lightly coat the skins with some of the olive oil and place, cut sides down, on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the skins are loosened, about 10 minutes. Let cool, remove the skins and chop the tomatoes coarsely.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, warm 2 Tbs. of the oil. Add the bread slices and fry until lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. When the bread is cool enough to handle, tear into large pieces. Set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, warm 1 Tbs. of the oil. Add the soaked chilies, dried red chili and jalapeño and sauté until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- In a food processor, combine the bread, chilies, jalapeño, garlic, almonds, hazelnuts and parsley and puree until a thick paste forms. Add the tomatoes, paprika, vinegar, the 2 tsp. salt and the remaining oil and pulse until incorporated. Taste and season with more salt, if needed. Transfer to a bowl and let stand at room temperature.
- To prepare the mixed seafood, prepare a charcoal or gas grill for grilling over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the squid, shrimp and monkfish with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Grill the clams and mussels until the shells open, 1 to 2 minutes. Discard any that do not open.
- Arrange the seafood on a serving platter and accompany with the romesco sauce.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating2 people
I love seafood in any form & this sounds like a real treat. I hope to try it out real soon. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it