Academy Award Winning ChickenFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup fresh asparagus shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halved shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 ounce can crabmeat drained flaked and cartilage removed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Place asparagus in square microwave dish then add water and cover with plastic.
- Turn one corner to vent then cook on high 3 minutes then drain well and set aside.
- Pound chicken breast halves to form rectangle about 1/4" thick then sprinkle with salt.
- For filling combine crabmeat, dill and pepper then toss to mix.
- Spoon 1/4 of the filling onto each breast half and arrange asparagus across chicken breast.
- Roll up each breast half jelly roll style then secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Arrange chicken rolls seam side down in same baking dish used to cook asparagus.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap then cook on high 10 minutes.
- Rotate dish and rearrange rolls after 5 minutes.
- Combine butter and chives then microwave uncovered on high 40 seconds until butter is melted.
- Stir in flour then add milk and return to microwave and cook uncovered 5 minutes.
- Stir even minutes until slightly thickened then every 30 seconds.
- Stir in lemon peel then serve sauce over chicken garnished with lemon wedges and dill.