Super - Creamy Chocolate PieFrom borinda 7 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 stick sweet butter, melted shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- PIE FILLING: shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. sweetened chocolate powder (Ghiradelli) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch shopping list
- 3 egg yoks, stirred shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sweet butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- Dark chocolate curls shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press into a buttered 9" pie dish, bottom and sides. Chill.
- Stir the water, chocolate powder, and corn starch until smooth in a two quart pot.
- Once smooth stir in the egg yolks and condensed milk.
- Keep stirring over a medium-high heat and keep stirring until it thickens but do not boil.
- Stir in the 2 Tbsp. of butter and the vanilla.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared crust and cover with waxed paper to avoid a skin forming on the top. Chill at least several hours.
- When serving add a big collop of whipped cream and chocolate curls as garnish.
- I love semisweet chocolate. Next time I am going to use 1/2 sweetened chocolate as directed and also 1/2 unsweetened. I also prefer the pie with a regular crust to balance the sweetness. Again, personal preference. Then a good dollop of sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls... happiness.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!