Chocolate Beef StewFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 2 pounds beef, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, whole shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 chili, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbs raisins or sultanas shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 cloves shopping list
- 1 carrot, sliced shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups stock or water shopping list
- oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 300 degrees
- Place whole nuts, onions, chili, garlic, raisins, cocoa powder and tomatoes in a blender pulse until smooth.
- In a large pan, heat the oil, sprinkle with cinnamon and cloves, stir for 1-2 minutes. Then add sliced carrots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add blended walnut mixture, plus the coarsley chopped walnuts and cook for 5 minutes (do not allow to stick). Slowly pour stock into the mixture.
- Heat oil in a fresh pan and brown beef. Add beef to walnut mixture.
- Turn into an oven-proof dish and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender. Serve with rice or potatoes and green vegetables or salad.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating2 people
worth at trykarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
Cookbook Reviews149 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Anything Goes287 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Con Sabor Caribe Y Latino61 members
Mexican Cooking142 members
Soups And Stews107 members
Chocolate Finatics25 members
Addicted To Recipes38 members
AllRecipes Members96 members