Caramel Fried Ice CreamFrom tiarose 6 years ago
- 1Quart vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups flaked coconut, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups finely crushed cornflakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- CARAMEL SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- oil for deep-fat frying shopping list
How to make it
- Using a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, place eight scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. In a bowl, combine whipping cream and vanilla. In a another bowl, combine coconut, cornflakes and cinnamon.
- Remove scoops of ice cream from freezer; wearing plastic gloves, shape the ice cream into balls. Dip balls into cream mixture, then roll in coconut mixture, making sure to coat entire surface. Place coated balls on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
- For caramel sauce, heat sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until partially melted and golden, stirring occasionally. Add butter. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until sauce is thick and golden; keep warm.
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375. Fry ice cream balls until golden, about 30 seconds. drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with caramel sauce.
The Cooktiarose Fontana, CA
The Rating6 people
I am all over this one. This looks simple enough. Great post 5 forks!tucky in Ottawa loved it
Yum! I love the sound of this one :) Thanks!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I've always wanted to try this out & your recipe makes it sound so simple. I'll be brave enough to try it now. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!