Baked Pears With Cranberries Raisins and ApricotsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 large fresh pears shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted shopping list
- 2 cups cranberry juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup frozen concentrated cranberry juice cocktail thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 then remove stems from pears.
- Scoop out core of each pear making 1" hollow center.
- Leave bottom intact them make 1/8" deep cut in skin around center of each pear.
- Arrange pears hollowed side up in glass baking dish.
- Mix raisins, cranberries, sugar, apricots and 1/2 teaspoon allspice in small bowl.
- Pack fruit mixture into hollows of pears then sprinkle any remaining fruit around pears in dish.
- Drizzle butter into filling and around pears in dish.
- Pour juice and cranberry concentrate into dish then sprinkle with remaining allspice into dish.
- Bake pears uncovered 70 minutes until tender basting occasionally with juice mixture.
- Transfer pears to 4 bowls and pour juices from dish into medium saucepan and boil 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over pears then serve while still warm with scoop of ice cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!