Country Ribs & KrautFrom windy1950 7 years ago
- 1 (4 oz) stick butter shopping list
- 2 (2 lb) pkgs sauerkraut (from the refrigerated aisle), rinsed and well drained shopping list
- Dash garlic powder shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 7 lbs country style pork ribs shopping list
- hot sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbsps olive oil shopping list
- 2 (16 oz) cans chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large shallow roasting pan on top of the stove. Add the kraut to the butter, scattered in an even layer. Season lightly with garlic. Sprinkle all of the brown sugar on the kraut and place uncovered into a preheated 300°F deg oven.
- Meanwhile, generously rub hot sauce all over the ribs. Salt and pepper all sides. Brown the ribs on all sides in the olive oil in a deep skillet (chicken fryer).
- When all ribs are nicely browned, arrange them on top of the kraut in the roasting pan. Cover pan snugly with aluminum foil and put back into oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250°F deg and set timer for 1 hour. Check ribs in 1 hour to see if basting with a bit of chicken broth is needed. Re-snug the foil and check once an hour to make sure they don’t dry out. Continue cooking in the manner until ribs are done (160°F deg internal temperature). Remove foil from pan and return to oven for about another 15 minutes.
- Serve with POTATOES O’BRIEN.