Brandied FruitFrom kittens 6 years ago
- 1 package dried apricots, good quality ones shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1 cup dark raisins, optional shopping list
- 1 large can pineapple chunks shopping list
- 1 large can of sliced peaches shopping list
- 1 cup whole cranberries shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- butter shopping list
- Sufficent dry sherry to completely cover fruit. shopping list
- Any amount of fruits may be used, this is just the basic recipe. You can change the amount of fruit depending on family preferences. You can change the fruit or add different fruit. You can add different dried fruit and different canned fruit. It's all up to you. shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple chunks and peaches.
- Layer fruit in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover lightly with brown sugar.
- Dab with small dollops butter.
- Pour dry Sherry over all the fruit completely covering fruit
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
- This recipe came from Lady Bird johnson, widow of President Lyndon B. Johnson. It is from the cookbook, "How to Cook an Elephant, Too"
- The servings, it all depends on how much one uses or for what. Sometimes if the liquid isn't thick enough, I have thickend it a bit more with cornstarch and water and returned to the oven for a few minutes to thicken.
- If the Dry Sherry is not a liquid of choice, fruit juice with a Brandy flavoring is quite acceptable.
- Also, using a sugar free brown ssugar is okay but, you will have to thicken the liquid with a cornstarch roux.