Cherry licious Streusel DelightFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1-1/4 c unsalted butter,diced shopping list
- 3 c flour shopping list
- 1 c finely ground almonds shopping list
- 1-1/3 c firm packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cans(16 oz. ea.) dark sweet pitted cherries in heavy syrup shopping list
- 1/3 c granulated sugar3 Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 Tbs confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 9" springform pan with removeable bottom with cooking spray. In micro-safe bowl,microwave butter 30 sec or till melted,stirring once. Let cool 2 mins. or till cool but still pourable. In bowl,combine next 5 ingredients. Using fork,slowly stir in melted butter just till dry ingredients are moistened and crumbs form.. Let sit 20 mins.
- Using strainer,drain cherries;reserve 1-1/2 c syrup and 1/4 c cherries. In saucepan over med. heat ,cook remaining syrup and granulated sugar 2 mins or till sugar is completely dissolved,stirring often. In bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved syrup;stir into syrup-sugar mixture. Cook 2 mins or till mixture comes to low boil,stirring constantly. Boil 1 min,stirring twice. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining cherries and almond extract.
- Press 3 c crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Bake 20 mins. or till golden brown. Spread cherry mixture over crust. Using hands,gently sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over cherry mixture. Bake 30 mins or till edges are bubbling and crumbs golden brown. Top with reserved cherries. Let cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.