Southwest chicken taquitosFrom cherublisa 5 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 can black beans shopping list
- 1/2 can corn shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cumin (plus a couple of shakes) shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic salt (plus a couple of shakes) shopping list
- dash black pepper shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1-2 cups vegetable or canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or pepperjack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken breast with black pepper, cumin, and garlic salt
- Brown chicken
- Chop chicken into small pieces
- Combine beans, corn, chicken, cilantro, and the measured spices in a bowl.
- Heat oil on Med. High in a deep pan.
- Heat corn tortillas in the microwave with a wet paper towel wrapped around them about 45 seconds or until soft and easy to roll.
- Scoop equal amounts of chicken mixture into each tortilla, top with cheese.
- Roll tortillas tightly and place in oil, seam side down.
- Fry about 1 minute and turn over with tongs, fry other side about 1 more minute.
- Place on a pile of paper towels and soak up the oil.
- Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping.
The Cookcherublisa Sutherlin, OR
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!