Pork Stroganoff with Three MustardsFrom capedread 3 years ago
- 12 oz (350 g) pork tenderloin shopping list
- 1 level teaspoon mustard powder shopping list
- 1 heaped teaspoon grain mustard shopping list
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 4 oz (110 g) small open-cap mushrooms thinly sliced shopping list
- 7 fl oz (200 ml) crème fraîche shopping list
- 1 dessertspoon groundnut oil shopping list
- ½ oz (10 g) butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 fl oz (75 ml) dry white wine shopping list
- salt and freshly milled black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- cut pork into strips 3 x ¼ inch
- mix together the three mustards with the crème fraîche
- in a frying pan heat the oil and butter together over a medium heat.
- Add the onion slices and fry them gently till soft. Using
- heat pan till smoking hot, add the strips of pork and fry them quickly, keeping them on the move all the time so they cook evenly, without burning.
- add mushrooms and toss these around to cook very briefly until their juices start to run
- return the onion slices to the pan and stir them in.
- Season well with salt and pepper,
- add the wine and let it bubble and reduce slightly before adding the mustard mix
- let the sauce bubble and reduce to half its original volume.
- Serve immediately spooned over rice.