Chicken Avocado Egg RollsFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely minced red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely minced red bell peppers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced bamboo shoots shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 2 cups chopped chicken breast shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup julienned green cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots shopping list
- 4 cups rice bran oil or canola oil shopping list
- 12 egg roll wrappers shopping list
- 2 avocados, sliced into 24 pieces shopping list
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- Jarred sweet chili sauce, for dipping shopping list
How to make it
- In a saute pan over high heat, add canola oil. Saute red onions and bell peppers until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, bamboo shoots, celery, chicken, and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Deglaze pan with soy sauce. Cool mixture.
- In large bowl combine cabbage, carrots and chicken mixture.
- In medium saucepan, heat rice bran oil to 350 degrees F. Oil needs to be deep enough to keep egg roll from touching bottom of pan. Add more oil, if needed.
- To roll egg rolls, layout egg roll skin with corner facing you, place approximately 1/12th of mixture on roll and place 2 pieces of avocado on top of mixture. Fold corner over mixture, and then fold outside corners over the mixture, making a roll, 4 to 5-inches wide. Roll firmly, being careful not to tear wrapper, and seal the final edge with egg wash.
- Dredge the egg roll in egg wash, allow excess to drain off and submerge egg roll in oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on sheet tray lined with a cooling rack.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!