Flatbread With Bacon and Scallion PestoFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 4 thick strips bacon, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- Pinch of sugar shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon capers shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley shopping list
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream shopping list
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed shopping list
- all-purpose flour, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until browned and crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain; keep warm. Add the onion slices to the drippings in the skillet; sprinkle with the sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook until light brown and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- Combine the scallions, capers and parsley in a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste and half of the lemon zest; pulse gently to chop and blend. Turn the processor on and add the olive oil through the top in a steady stream. Transfer the scallion pesto to a bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the creme fraiche and the remaining lemon zest until smooth. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough into an 8-by-14-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Spread the creme fraeche mixture on the crust. Dot with the onions and some of the bacon drippings from the pan; sprinkle with the bacon. Slice into pieces and drizzle with scallion pesto.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!