Spiced Orange Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom angelgirl94 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter- softened shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs-room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange zest shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream-room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk-room temperature shopping list
- 3 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 8oz block cream cheese-softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange extract-optional shopping list
- 1 pound powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 4 standard (9" x 1 1/2") round cake pans, 3 deep(9" x 2") round cake pans, or one 12-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add zest, extracts, and sour cream. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture alternating with buttermilk beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan(s) for 10 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, and extract until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar until all is combined.
- Turn mixer to high and whip for 2 minutes.
- Frost cake.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating1 people
wow thanks for sharing this, sounds excellent.hunnee in Nanaimo loved it