Noodles with Cabbage Onions and Cottage CheeseFrom lor 5 years ago
- 1 lb. bag of wide egg noodles shopping list
- 2 containers of cottage cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 large onions, finely sliced or shredded shopping list
- NOTE: Toss in a teaspoon of caraway seeds if you like. shopping list
How to make it
- Place shredded cabbage, minced garlic and 3/4 cup of water in a deep frying pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the water has almost completely reduced.
- Then add butter and sliced onions and if you like caraway, you can toss in 1 teaspoon at this stage.
- Saute until onion and cabbage are cooked.
- Turn off heat.
- Boil noodles and drain well.
- Add the cooked noodles to cabbage and onion, mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cottage cheese and blend well.
- Cover for 10 minutes to heat the cottage cheese through.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating1 people
a must try great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Comfort Foods771 members
Family Favorites140 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Family Night34 members
Spaghetti Noodles And Pasta42 members
World Wide Cuisine50 members
Church Gettogethers14 members