Brandy Raisin Apple PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup brandy shopping list
- 2 pie crusts shopping list
- 6 granny smith apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine raisins and brandy in a jar then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and set aside.
- Line a 9" pie plate with a prepared piecrust then set aside.
- Peel and core apples then slice thinly.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt then stir to remove lumps.
- Stir in raisins and apples then spoon into pie crust and doth with butter then cover with top crust.
- Trim edges then seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust for steam to escape then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 50 minutes then cool completely or serve warm with ice cream.