Tomato AspicFrom lor 5 years ago
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 2 cups tomato juice, heated to boiling shopping list
- 3 cups cold tomato juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2-4 dashes of hot sauce ie: Tabasco shopping list
- NOTE: Some people like to add sliced or diced celery but I prefer it plain. shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1 cup cold juice.
- Allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Add hot tomato juice and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups of cold juice, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a lightly sprayed or oiled 5-1/2 cup ring mold or bowl.
- Chill for approximately 4-5 hours or until set firm.
- To serve, un-mold and if you have used a ring mold, you can fill the centre with fresh vegetables such as carrots, celery, radish, broccoli, spring onions etc. I usually prepare a homemade veggie dip for the raw veggies.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
Love aspic with a scoop of cottage cheese. Very good for a light summer meal.windy1950 in Flint loved it
Love this - I make it with the chopped veggies. I also use lemon jello instead of gelatin, lemon juice and sugar.
Thanks for the great post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
I love tomatoes hot, cold even eating it just like a peach...I will try it when it is summer .....thanks for the post.....high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
Salads Galore255 members
Family Favorites140 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Gelatin Salads9 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
SUMMERTIME SCRUMPTIOUS SENSATIONS25 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Family Night34 members
Church Gettogethers14 members