Almond Butter SnickerdoodlesFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c (3oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese,softened shopping list
- 1/4 c unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 2 Tbs smooth almond butter shopping list
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks,lightly beaten shopping list
- 4.75 oz. white whole-wheat flour(about 1 c0 shopping list
- 1.5 oz whole-wheat flour(about 1/3 c) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon,divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbs ganulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a med. bowl and beat with mixer at high speed till well combined(about 2 mins). add 1 tsp lemon rind,vanilla,and egg yolks;beat till well blended.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups;level with a knife.
- Combine flours,baking soda,1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp salt;stir with whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture;beat at low speed until well combined.
- Drop half of the dough by rounded Tbs. onto prepared baking sheet. Combine remaining 1 tsp cinnamon and granulated sugar in small bowl;sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over cookies.
- Bake for 6 mins;flatten cookies with the back of a spatula. Bake additional 6 mins..Cool on pans 1 min.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and sugar mixture