Baked Appled stuffed with Skor and Snickers Candy Bar piecesFrom kittens 4 years ago
How to make it
- Cut a small slice off the top of the apple. Less than 1/2 inch.
- Being careful not to go all the way through the bottom of the apple, clean out apple core and seeds.
- Place apples in a 9" baking dish.
- ut the chopped Snickers bar and the Chopped toffee bar into a small bowl and blend well.
- Fill center of apple half way with the candy bar mixture.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp butter or oleo on top of chopped candy bar.
- Finish filling apple with chopped candy bar and top with tsp. butter or oleo.
- Mix apple juice or cider with 1 TBS sugar and blend will until sugar is disolved. Pour into dish with apples.
- Bake apples at 350* until tender, around 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using the toffee candy bar, such as; Skor or Heath, gives the apples a great caramel flavor. Adding the Snickers candy bar gives the chocolate and peanut taste.
- I would suggest to always use the toffee candy bar but, you could change the second candy bar to a Milky Way bar if you didn't want the peanuts of the Snickers bar.
- I was wondering how it would be to change to a chopped Almond Joy candy bar with the Skor bar.
The Cookkittens Boise, ID
The Rating3 people
What a ~Unique~ 'Delicious Apple'
Toffee Candy is a great 'extra'!
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Yummy is an understatement-----great recipe---- we don't have Skor or Heath in South Africa but I am sure a Bar One will work....high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it