Marinated Goat CheeseFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- The garlic should be broken down into a fine puree for this recipe. After you mince it, sprinkle the garlic with the salt, mash the garlic-salt mixture with the side of a chef’s knife, and then continue to mince until the garlic forms a smooth puree. Serve this marinated goat cheese with bread or crackers. shopping list
How to make it
- 1 (8-ounce) log goat cheese , chilled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves , chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh chives , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary , minced
- 1 small garlic clove , minced to a puree with 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1. Use a piece of dental floss to cut the cheese crosswise into slices 1/3 inch thick.
- 2. Whisk the oil, thyme, chives, rosemary, garlic-salt puree, and pepper to taste together in a small bowl.
- 3. Pour the oil mixture over the cheese. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.