THAI-STYLE BEEF SALADFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak , trimmed of excess fat shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon peanut or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup fish sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup juice from 3 limes shopping list
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 medium cucumber , peeled, seeded (see illustration below), and sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion , sliced thin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh cilantro leaves , torn shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves , torn shopping list
- 1 head Bibb or boston lettuce , washed, dried, and torn into pieces (4 cups lightly packed) shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts , chopped coarse shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Pat the steak dry with paper towels, then season generously with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the steak and cook until well browned on both sides, about 10 minutes, reducing the heat to medium if the pan begins to scorch or smoke. Transfer the steak to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and pepper flakes together in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Pour half of the dressing into a large bowl and set aside.
- 3. Slice the steak crosswise on the bias into -inch-thick slices. Cut the longer slices in half, into roughly 3-inch lengths. Add the steak to the small bowl of dressing, toss to coat, and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove the steak from the dressing and discard the marinade. Toss the steak, cucumber, onion, cilantro, and mint with the reserved dressing in the large bowl. Arrange the lettuce on a large serving platter or individual plates. Spoon the steak and vegetables over the lettuce. Drizzle the salad with any dressing left in the bowl and sprinkle with the peanuts before serving.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!