MELTED CHEESE WITH POBLANO AND CHORIZO QUESO FUNDIDOFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- Don’t substitute preshredded Monterey Jack cheese; it is coated with anticaking agents that will cause the melted cheese to harden as soon as it is removed from the oven. Take care not to overcook the cheese or it will begin to leach oil. shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 6 (8-inch) corn or flour tortillas , cut into quarters shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage , chopped medium shopping list
- 1 medium poblano chile , stemmed, seeded, and sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 small onion , sliced thin shopping list
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese or queso asadero, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Wrap the tortillas in foil; set aside.
- 2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add the chorizo and cook until it begins to render a little fat, about 1 minute. Add the poblano and cook until it turns spotty brown, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and continue to cook until both the chorizo and vegetables are well browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer the chorizo mixture to a paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- 3. Spread the cheese evenly into an 8- or 9-inch shallow casserole or pie dish, then sprinkle with the chorizo mixture. Transfer the dish to the oven along with the tortilla packet and bake until the cheese is just melted and the tortillas are warm, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!