Blueberry Sauce Over Roasted CodFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 pints blueberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter softened shopping list
- 4 cod fillets skin on shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 then set aside 1/4 of the berries for garnish then put remainder in small pan.
- Add water, sugar and balsamic vinegar then bring to simmering point.
- Cover pan and cook berries 5 minutes shaking pan occasionally.
- Rub mixture through a sieve into a bowl then season with salt.
- Return to pan and heat gently.
- Crush peppercorns roughly then beat butter until soft and add peppercorns.
- Spread mixture over flesh on all sides of fish.
- Heat oil in ovenproof pan then when oil is hot add fish skin dish down and cook 3 minutes.
- Spoon hot oil over top of fish often then transfer to pan and cook 8 minutes.
- Spoon sauce onto each plate the add piece of fish and garish with reserved berries.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!