Red Chili Brisket Tamales with Cilantro Sour CreamFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 3-pound beef brisket shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 6 cups water, divided shopping list
- 4 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 cups enchilada sauce, store-bought shopping list
- 24 tamale husks shopping list
- 2 cups masa harina (fine corn flour) shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons salt shopping list
- cilantro Sour Cream: shopping list
- 1 container sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 lime, juiced shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In medium braising pot, simmer beef in salt and 3 cups water for 1 hour or until meat can be shredded with a fork. Shred beef and let it cool completely.
- In a medium saute pan, add oil, and fry meat for 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy. Add enchilada sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Soak husks in water for 30 minutes.
- Mix masa, water, butter and salt into a thick paste.
- Apply 5 tablespoons of the masa mix into the center of the corn husk. Push mix to 1-inch of the side of the husk. Add 2 tablespoons of the meat to center, fold 1 edge of the husk to the center, and then fold the other side to cover entire tamale. Fold ends over by 2-inches.
- Place a colander in large pot of boiling water, but do not let the colander touch the water. Place the tamales in the colander, cover and allow steam to rise to the top. Steam the tamales for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for sour cream. Cover with plastic, place in the refrigerator and let flavors meld for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve with the tamales.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!