Oatmeal Pizza DoughFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- oatmeal works well with sweet and savory toppings. Try this dough when your sweet tooth calls. Or when it's really talking to you, try the Sweet oatmeal Dough variation. shopping list
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant) shopping list
- 1 3/8 cups 105 degrees to 110 degrees water shopping list
- 2 1/4 tsp dried instant yeast (1 packet) shopping list
- 2 Tb honey 3 or 4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- Variation for sweet oatmeal pizza dough: reduce water to 1 1/4 cups and increase honey to 1/2 cup. shopping list
- Tips: You can also try soaking 1/2 cup raisins in 1 cup hot water ahead of time, draining them, and adding them to the dough with the water and yeast mixture in step 3. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, soak oats in 3/4 cup water for 1 hour.
- After oats have soaked, and in another bowl, add yeast to remaining water and stir until dissolved. Add honey and mix again.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups bread flour and salt, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add water and yeast mixture to the bowl and mix. Add oats and water combination and mix, adding additional flour 2 tbs at a time as necessary so dough holds together and you can knead it but it still remains very soft and sticky.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface, place dough on the surface, and knead dough for 8 minutes.
- Add oil to the empty bowl, and swirl the bowl to coat the inside. Don't worry if there's little oil left in the bottom of the bowl. Return dough to the bowl, and turn dough to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let dough double in volume.
- When dough has doubled in volume, turn out onto a floured work surface and fold to deflate. Divide the dough into two parts, and form each into a ball. Lightly oil two pieces of plastic wrap, each large enough to cover one ball, and loosely cover each ball, oil side in. Allow to double in volume.
- Gently deflate the balls, and form each into a 10-inch pizza. Add toppings and bake according to the recipe directions.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!