Stuffed Green PeppersFrom sarah_jayne 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. ground turkey, beef, veal, pork or a combination of meats shopping list
- 1 cup of instant rice - I use Uncle Ben's instant brown rice shopping list
- 1 onion - finely chopped shopping list
- NOTE: If you like garlic, then 2 minced garlic cloves can be added to the meat mixture. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 6-8 green peppers shopping list
- I've always used V8 juice but Allen's or Motts tomato juice Cocktail is just as good. shopping list
- I almost forgot to mention. Add about 1 tsp. vegetable oil to the tomato juice. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix uncooked ground meat of your choice, finely chopped onion and uncooked instant rice - make sure you use INSTANT RICE.
- Wash, cut tops off and hollow the peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat, onion and rice mixture but do not pack too firmly.
- In a large, deep saucepot or Dutch oven, place the stuffed peppers in an upright position and remember to put the tops back onto the peppers.
- Pour enough V8 juice to just cover the peppers.
- If I have any leftover meat mixture, I make little meatballs and toss them wherever there might be a gap between the peppers.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 35-40 minutes and serve with a fresh loaf of Italian or French bread.
- Serves 4-6
The Cooksarah_jayne Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
Yup, that's my kind of grub. Hi-5 from the crazy old uncle. LOL
theoldprof in Belleville loved it
Nice!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
YUM!a1patti in Salem loved it