Deep dish Vegetable PizzaFrom sammij 5 years ago
- For 1- 9" pizza shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water (105-to 115 F) shopping list
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups buttermilk baking mix shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1small onion, (sliced) shopping list
- Few sprigs of parsley shopping list
- 1/2 medium gr. pepper (slivered) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sliced zucchini shopping list
- 1/2tsp. dried oregano leaves (crumbled) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- pimiento strips shopping list
How to make it
- Place warm water in bowl & sprinle with yeast. Let stand 3-4 min.
- then stir until dissolved
- Add baking mix & stir to form a soft ball
- Turn out on floured board & knead 20 turns
- Cover & let stand 20 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oilin medium skillet. Add mushrooms,
- onion, gr. pepper,parsley & zucchini.
- Saute about 5 min. stirring occasionally. Add oregano & salt
- Roll dough to form a 12" circle. Ease into a 9" pie plate
- crimping edges. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 min.
- Fill with sauteed mixture. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Garnish with pimento strips. Bake below center of oven
- ( to brown bottom crust) for about 15 min.
- Serve immediately
- If you wish you can add sausage or pepperoni
The Cooksammij Kimball, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!