Stuffed Breakfast PeppersFrom windy1950 7 years ago
- 1 recipe WINDY’S sausagE GRAVY* shopping list
- 2 large sweet green bell peppers shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, small dice shopping list
- 1/2 lb frozen shredded hash browns shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper, lightly shopping list
- 4 large eggs, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- *Find the recipe for "Windy's Sausage Gravy" elsewhere on this site. Make the gravy and set aside until ready.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stem intact if possible; clean out the seeds and membrane, and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a medium skillet over medium high heat. When hot but not quite smoking, add the potatoes, garlic and onions, lightly seasoning, and cook until nicely browned. Move the mixture to the side of the pan, pour in the beaten eggs and scramble. Scoot the pan off the burner and stir the eggs into the potatoes.
- Stuff and place pepper halves in the skillet with the gravy. Cover with a vented lid and cook over medium low heat on the stove top for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Serve gravy over peppers, with biscuits or toast on the side.