Sambal Style Long BeansFrom merlioninvancouver 5 years ago
- dried shrimps (soaked in some warm water for 10 mins) - 1/2 handful shopping list
- Dry/fresh red chilis - 4 pcs shopping list
- shallots - 2 small shopping list
- garlic - 4 pips shopping list
- Sambal belacan - (1/2 your thumb size) - P.S. use an average sized thumb :) shopping list
- Long beans - (1 bunch) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- sugar to taste (optional – Malay style) shopping list
How to make it
- Pound the above ingredients (except for the belacan) till coarse paste formed
- Snap/cut the long beans into 1 inch length
- Fry the pounded ingredients with the sambal belacan till dark mixture is formed
- Add the long beans and saute till mixed with pound ingredients
- Add salt to taste.
- Add sugar to taste if needed
- ***Serve with white steamed jasmine rice***
The Cookmerlioninvancouver Richmond, CA
The Rating4 people
OOo! Thanks for sharing and reminding me of a dish I had in Bali with Snake Beans (long thin beans) Love it.
Nada :)nadaism in Bathurst loved it
My favorite one and very common in Thailand also. I often cook it at home. Wanna try my style?? hahahah... ;) http://www.tan-kitchen.com/2010/04/stir-fried-crispy-pork-with-red-curry.htmltanwiratchada in Bangkok loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!