Crisp Candied Sweet PotatoesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a large pan and cover with cold water then bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Plunge potatoes into cold water to stop cooking.
- When cool enough to handle peel and discard skin then cut into chunks and refrigerate.
- In a large nonstick skillet melt butter then add brown sugar, water, salt and ginger.
- Bring to a simmer and add half of the potatoes in one layer.
- Cook at a slow boil over medium heat until potatoes are brown and crisp around edges.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- With a slotted spoon transfer potatoes to a platter and reserve in a warm place near the stove.
- Add remaining potatoes to skillet and cook as the first batch.
- Serve immediately.