Pasta alla Vodka with SausageFrom coldfan01 4 years ago
- 1 pound thin spaghetti shopping list
- 1/2 pounds hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1 jar Premade vodka Sauce (24 Ounce Jar) shopping list
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes (14 Ounce Can) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons marjoram shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil shopping list
- hot sauce shopping list
- 2 cups Grated Parmesan Or mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare 1 pound of pasta al dente. Return the pasta to its original pot after draining. Heat a large wok or saute pan to medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and black pepper into the hot pan. Slice down the length of 3 large links of hot Italian sausage. Remove the sausage meat from the casings and put the meat directly into the hot pan. Crumble/chop the sausage as it browns in the pan. As soon as the sausage is cooked through, turn the burner down to medium heat and add 1 jar of pre-made vodka sauce immediately into the pan. Stir well. Add 1 can Italian diced tomatoes to the sauce. Do NOT drain tomatoes before adding to sauce. Stir. Add 3 tablespoons heavy cream to sauce and stir. Add all spices, including hot sauce (around 4-6 dashes for a mild sauce, more for a spicier sauce. The sausage is made with red pepper flakes and can add significant spice to the sauce, so taste the sauce after the first few dashes of hot sauce). When ingredients are combined, pour contents of wok or saute pan into the pasta pot. Stir to combine. Immediately after the sauce and pasta are combined, add 2 cups cheese to pot and stir well.
The Cookcoldfan01 Oak Harbor, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!