Roasted Garlic Oven-baked ChickenFrom stalwart 7 years ago
- 1/2 package (7.2-ounce size) Betty Crocker® roasted garlic mashed potatoes (1 pouch) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 to 3-1/2 pound cut-up broiler-fryer chicken shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a rectangular 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, stir together dehydrated potatoes and cayenne pepper.
- In another shallow dish, beat egg with fork or wire whisk until foamy then stir in buttermilk.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then roll in dehydrated potato mixture to coat.
- Place in pan.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and bake for 25 minutes longer or until coating is golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).
- Serve up with a fresh tossed salad and whatever vegetable you like.
The Cookstalwart Tulsa, OK
The Rating7 people
Sounds yummy!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Easy, too!!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
another great chicken recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it