Gluten-Free Pizza DoughFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 cup lukewarm water (between 105 and 115 degrees) shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten-free dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup instant corn masa mix, plus additional for rolling out the dough and dusting a pizza peel. shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup potato flour (do not use potato starch) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the water in a large bowl, sprinkle the sugar, yeast, and salt on top. Stir until dissolved and set aside for 5 min. so the yeast can begin to foam.
- Mix the masa mix, rice flour, and potato flour in a second bowl until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture into the yeast mixture until it forms a ball. Should the mixture be too dry (the moisture content of masa mixes can fluctuate dramatically based on external humidity and temperature.) add more water in 1 tbs increments until the whole mixture can be formed into a ball. Cover and set aside a room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Dust a pizza peel with masa mix or grease a pizza tray or a large, rimless baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set the dough at the center of any of these, dust the dough with a little instant masa mix, and roll with a rolling pin to a 12-14-inch circle. If the edges, crack push them together to form a perfect circle. If desired, fold the edge over to form a lip on the crust. Top and bake as the recipe requires.
- Tip: this dough will not rise the way a yeast dough will. It will not stretch and will have to be rolled out.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!