Pizza Pesto SauceFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 6 tbs pine nuts, or chopped walnut pieces, or chopped pecan pieces shopping list
- 3 cups packed basil leaves, or 2 cups packed, stemmed arugula and 1 cup packed basil leaves, or 1 1/2 cups packed sage leaves, and 1 1/2 cups packed parsley leaves; or 1 cup packed cilantro leaves, 1 cup packed parsley leaves, and 1 cup packed basil leaves. shopping list
- 2 1/2 -oz parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place the nuts in a small skillet set over low heat. Cook until aromatic and lightly browned, shaking the pan occasionally so the nuts don't burn, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the toasted nuts, herbs, cheese, olive oil, 3 tbs water, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process until the mixture becomes a grainy paste, scrapping down the inside of the bowl as necessary.
- Since the sauce makes more than you'll need, place the remainder in 1/2-cup containers, cover with a thin film of olive oil, and freeze for the next time you make a pie, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using, pouring off excess olive oil, which has only been used to keep the basil fresh and green. (that flavored oil can now be used for salad dressings and marinades).
- Pesto as a pizza sauce should be drier than pesto for pasta so the sauce does not run all over the pizza.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!