Beans and Sausage CasseroleFrom cuzpat 3 years ago
- 1 pound Polish sausage, sliced into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cans (15-ounces each) white beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (Italian parsley if available) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the sausage in a Dutch oven or ovenproof casserole over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add peppers, cook until peppers soften, about 2 minutes. Remove sausage and peppers from the pan and set aside. Pour off and reserve the fat.
- Heat olive oil, add garlic and onion, cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sausage, peppers, beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Heat to a simmer. Combine bread crumbs with the reserved fat; sprinkle on top of beans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes 4 servings
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
Good casserole!goodeat in Benton loved it
Very good!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
Like ithungrybear in Miner loved it