Copycat Restaurant House NachosFrom lynnthomas 4 years ago
- House Nachos shopping list
- This recipe came from eating some wonderful nachos in a restaurant in Dallas Tx YEARS ago. I tried to copy them. These are a big hit and you can keep the ingredients on hand for a quick snack or meal. shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 - 5 oz can of cooked chicken or turkey (mixing the broth into it) or use left over chicken or turkey shopping list
- 1 - 5 oz can Fritos Bean dip or use regular refried beans but add some cumin and/or chili powder (I used to get El Paso refried beans with sausage, but can't find it anymore) shopping list
- 1 15 oz block of colby or cheddar-monterrey jack cheese. shopping list
- 1 bag round flat corn chips - tostitos type shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- sliced jalapenos shopping list
- salsa shopping list
- sour cream (use a "REAL" brand) shopping list
- guacamole shopping list
How to make it
- On a cookie sheet, place corn chips - as many as will fit on without overlapping.
- Take each chip and spread a THIN layer of bean dip over the top of each chip.
- Mix broth into the chicken/turkey really well and then place approximately 1/2 teaspoon of chicken on top of the bean dip.
- Slice the cheese into 1/4 inch slices down either edge or the block and then cut those slices so that they are approximately a square.
- Place cheese over the chicken on each nacho chip.
- You can put a slice of jalapeno pepper on now, or add warmed slices per taste later.
- Preheat your oven broiler and then place the cookie sheet approximately 4 inches from the broiler element.
- Broil only long enough to melt the cheese.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and serve with jalapeno slices, salsa, sour cream, guacamole - to each his own.
The Cooklynnthomas Conway, AR
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!