Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin CookiesFrom sugarmama 5 years ago
- ½ pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- ½ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 - ½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional) shopping list
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (we would occasionally substitute this with chocolate shopping list
- chips) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Store tightly covered.