Chocolate Carrot Cake with Chocolate FrostingFrom sugarmama 4 years ago
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- ½ cup orange juice shopping list
- ½ cup cocoa shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 large carrots) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- A DAY BEFORE SERVING:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease & flour 10-inch Bundt pan. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat first 10 ingredients just until blended, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to high; beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl. Stir in carrots & coconut. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove cake from pan; cool completely on rack. Makes 16 servings.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, frost with Chocolate Frosting (separate posting).