Caramel crunch ice-cream ballsFrom najwax0x0x 5 years ago
How to make it
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Sprinkle almonds over tray. Combine sugar and 1/2 cup warm water in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring, for 3 minutes. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until mixture is golden. Remove from heat. Stand for 1 minute to allow bubbles to subside. Pour over almonds. Allow to cool until set.
- Peel baking paper from almond mixture. Cut almond mixture into small pieces. Combine ice-cream and almond mixture in a bowl. Fold caramel through ice-cream. Return ice-cream to container. Place in freezer overnight or until firm.
- Scoop small balls of ice-cream onto a tray lined with baking paper. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate and copha in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Set aside. Allow to cool slightly.
- Using a fork, dip the ice-cream balls in chocolate mixture. Return to prepared tray. Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate mixture is set. Serve.