Chocolate Cupcakes Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Vanilla Buttercream IcingFrom shandy 3 years ago
- chocolate Cupcakes shopping list
- ~Makes 7 regular cupcakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temp shopping list
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, room temp shopping list
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup high quality unsweetened cocoa powder (I also used Valrhona cocoa powder) shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Strawberry Ganache Filling and Ganache glaze shopping list
- 4.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used Callebaut) shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup strawberries, diced shopping list
- vanilla buttercream frosting shopping list
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1. Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 2 Add egg and beat until well combined.
- 3. Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder into a small sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- 4. Measure out the milk and vanilla and stir to combine
- 5. Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- 6. Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 2/3’s full. Bake cupcakes for about 22-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean
- Strawberry Ganache Filling and Ganache Glaze
- 1. Chop chocolate and transfer into a heat proof bowl.
- 2. Heat cream until bubbles form around the edge of the pan, pour cream over the chocolate.
- 3. Let sit for 1 minute then stir until combined.
- 4. Add vanilla and salt. Stir until combined.
- 5. Divide the ganache in two approximate equal portions. In the first portion, mix in the chopped strawberries. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- 6. Leave the second portion on the counter to cool down. You want the filling to thicken up before the glaze. Once the filling is think, fill the cupcakes with it. Then glaze with the glaze.
- ***See assembly instructions below.***
- Vanilla Bean Icing Directions:
- 1. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy.
- 2. Add the milk, vanilla extract, and 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat at low speed, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, until light and fluffy. Add more powdered sugar to arrive at the consistency and sweetness you like.
- 1. Fill the cupcakes with the strawberry ganache filling using the cone method.
- 2. Spoon a tablespoon of glaze on each filled cupcake and smooth.
- 3. Top with buttercream frosting and a strawberry.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!