Buffalo Ribeye Steak with Jalapeno Charon SauceFrom superfoodman 6 years ago
- 2 buffalo ribeye steaks, 12 ounces each shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/4 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 pinch tarragon shopping list
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 drops Tabasco shopping list
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed shopping list
- 1/4 pound butter, unsalted, melted in microwave shopping list
- 1/4 roma tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw your steaks in the refrigerator overnight. This will reduce the amount of liquid purge from your steaks. Prior to the cooking time, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to come up to room temperature. Rub your steaks with the olive oil right before cooking to help them retain moisture and avoid sticking to the grill. Gather the ingredients for the sauce. Send the "Grill Master" in your family out to cook the steaks and begin the sauce. Buffalo is a lean meat and should be enjoyed medium-rare. A 12 ounce steak will cook up medium-rare over a medium hot fire with about 8 minutes on each side.
- Put the egg yolks, juice, seasonings and jalapeno into a blender. Cover and blend until the egg mixture gets frothy. Slowly pour very hot butter (but not boiling) into the egg mixture while blending at a medium speed. When all the butter has been added the mixture should be thick. Add the tomato and blend for 20 seconds. Make the sauce as close to serving as possible and keep it in a warm place (beside the stove or oven is good), but not too warm or the egg yolks will set up and turn the sauce lumpy.
- Top your steak with 2-3 ounces of the sauce right before service. Excellent served with spicy black beans, dirty rice and a cold Margarita!!!
The Cooksuperfoodman Metropolis, IL
The Rating4 people
Would love to try this! i'd never had buffalo! but the sauce would be good on regular steak too!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
A goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
Five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!