Dennys Spring Green BeanFrom dennydca 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 14oz can petite diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves shopping list
- 1 (2 1/4 oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add the beans and blanch until tender, but firm.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In the same pot, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Set the heat to low.
- Add beans, tomatoes, pecans, olives (if using) and basil, and toss to combine.
- Add the vinegar and toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.