Chocolate Crumble Coffee Cake MuffinsFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- CRUMBLE MIXTURE: 2 oz. Ghirardelli Sweet dark chocolate shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. Grated fresh orange rind shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp. instant coffee shopping list
- 1 Tbs. Cold butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. pecans shopping list
- coffee cake MIXTURE: 1 3/4 c. Unsifted flour shopping list
- 2/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. Cold butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 c. Half and half shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 Tsp. water shopping list
How to make it
- Servings: 12
- Crumble mixture:
- Place pieces of broken chocolate and brown sugar in food processor or blender. Process about 15 to 20 seconds or until as fine as coarse ground coffee.
- Add orange rind, cinnamon, coffee, butter and pecans. Process a short time until nuts are finely chopped. Set aside.
- Coffee Cake:
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in food processor; process for a few seconds to combine or prepare by hand using a pastry blender.
- Sprinkle small butter cubes over dry ingredients. Process only 5-6 seconds to distribute butter into very small pieces, or use pastry blender.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Spread mixture to form a well in the center. Beat whole egg lightly with half and half. Pour, all at once, into dry ingredients. Using a folding motion, stir to combine ingredients- mixing only until liquid is all absorbed. (Do not over mix. This should take only 15-20 hand strokes.)
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over dough in bowl. With a table knife, draw across in 2 directions to marble crumble with dough. (Do not
- combine thoroughly.)
- Heavily grease cups of muffin pans, disposable foil pans, glass custard cups or cupcake liners. When portioning dough, mixture will be rough but will come together after baking.
- To make large size muffins, fill cups level to top, yielding 9 muffins. For medium muffins, fill cups 2/3 full, yielding 12 muffins.
- Prepare egg wash by mixing water with egg yolk. Brush muffins with egg wash. Bake at 400-F for 15-17 minutes, depending upon the size of the muffins.
- Muffins should be golden brown and baked in the center. Cool in pans about 5 minutes to firm muffins before removing. Serve warm.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!