Batter Fried OkraFrom goodeat 5 years ago
- 1 pound fresh okra shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- vegetable oil (for frying) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off and discard tip and stem ends of okra. Cut okra into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Combine buttermilk and eggs. Add okra slices, stirring to coat. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder.
- Remove okra from buttermilk mixture with a slotted spoon; discard buttermilk. Dredge okra, in batches, in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 1/2 inches in a Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet. Heat to 365° over medium-high heat on stovetop. Fry okra, in batches, for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Note: Alternate cooking method: Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365°. Place okra in fryer basket. Fry okra, in batches, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating5 people
Yep its the best thanks for sharing great dish high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I'm saving this recipes! better than mine!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
a Goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!