Tomato and Sausage RisottoFrom helewes 10 years ago
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 pound sweet or hot italian sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 bunch flat-leaf spinach (10 to 14 ounces), washed well, tough stems removed, chopped (about 7 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth or water shopping list
- whichever you perfer shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine tomatoes (with their juice) and 3 cups chicken broth or water. ( I use chicken broth)
- Bring just to a simmer; keep warm over low heat.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up sausage with a spoon, until sausage is opaque and onion has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Add rice; cook, stirring until well coated, 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine; cook, stirring until absorbed, about 1 minute.
- 4. Add about 2 cups hot tomato mixture to rice; simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes. Continue adding tomato mixture, 1 cup at a time, waiting for one cup to be absorbed before adding the next, stirring occasionally, until rice is creamy and just tender, about 25 minutes total (you may not have to use all the liquid).
- 5. Remove pan from heat. Stir in spinach, Parmesan, and butter; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately (risotto will thicken as it cools), and sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookhelewes Newton, NJ
The Rating4 people
I cannot wait to try this. What a hearty risotto. Sounds delicious. Thank you!hotmamajeni in Burnsville loved it
You didn't have chicken broth listed as an ingredient and I just bought everything needed for this recipe except CHICKEN BROTH! Uh oh! Maybe you can update the recipe so dopes like me can be sure they have everything they need! I know you can use ...morehotmamajeni in Burnsville loved it
Amazing, thank you!!!! I added garlic and mushrooms to this recipe...was great!Zee88 in loved it