Grustolli Italian fried cookiesFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- * Til BROWN, about 3 minutes on each side. shopping list
- After each addition mix well shopping list
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine ( room temp.) shopping list
- --I use one stick of each shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large or extra large eggs slightly beaten shopping list
- ( room temp. ) shopping list
- 1 jigger of brandy shopping list
- 1 jigger of vanilla shopping list
- juice of 1 medium orange shopping list
- juice of 1/2 medium lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 jigger 1/2 and 1/2 shopping list
- 1 cup of flour with 1 tablespoon baking powderAdd about 6 more cups of flour (one cup at a time ) shopping list
How to make it
- Have heated in a large skillet or heavy pot about 2 inches of oil ( Mazola ) to fry
- After mixing all the ingredients, roll out portions of dough with a rolling pin very thin.
- When you think you have it thin enough roll out some more. Cut diamond shape cookies with a ravioli cutter.
- Place into hot oil and deep fry. Some of the cookies bubble up in the middle as they are cooking When brown remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar as they cool. I prefer to use the granulated sugar as powder sugar tends to soften the cookies.
- Source: Bettyann Lovato
- To store the cookies layer between paper towels in an air tight container. Tupperware is fine. They will keep for months.